Psychiatrist - Mon Health Wedgewood Primary Care and PsychiatryApply Now Job ID monhealth-4298-3841 Date posted 11/04/2022
Wedgewood Primary Care and Psychiatry, an affiliate of Mon Health, is looking to fill a full time Psychiatrist position at their Mon Health Medical Park location.
- Helps patients by evaluating medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications.
- Monitors and evaluates treatment results.
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patient, family, and other persons; conducting physical examinations; observing behaviors; reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; and ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Develops treatment plans by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders and establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications; and supervising staff provision of services.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, and consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules, Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations requirements, and legal regulations; participating in utilization reviews; and remaining available for emergency consultations.
- Improves staff competence by providing training and discussions regarding the interrelationship between psychosocial and physiological problems, psychotropic medications, crisis intervention, and related issues.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events and writing summaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing medical educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Completion of a psychiatric residency or a family medicine/psychiatry residency in an ACGME approved residency program
Experience: 2 years’ experience working full-time as a psychiatrist in child/adult psychiatry preferred.
Current BC/BE in Psychiatry (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in psychiatry)
Valid state medical license as MD or DO
Valid West Virginia DEA certificate
Location: Mon Health Medical Center · Mon Health Wedgewood Primary Care and Psychia
Schedule: Full Time, Days, Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
As a condition of employment and in compliance with federal regulations, Mon Health requires COVID-19 vaccination. You must be fully vaccinated (14 days post the second dose of the series for Moderna or Pfizer or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine) in order to start employment. Additionally, you will not be able to start employment or be on-site at any Mon Health facilities if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, pending COVID-19 testing, or had a COVID-19 exposure within the past 14 days. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com
Jobs for you
- Clinical Assistant-Emergency Room Weston, West Virginia
- Phlebotomist II - Casual Morgantown, West Virginia
- Registration Rep - Patient Registration Morgantown, West Virginia
- Customer Service Rep Morgantown, West Virginia
You have not viewed any jobs...yet
Please browse jobs on this site.
Then, you'll be able to see your recently viewed jobs here.
No saved jobs are here...yet
Press 'save' on any job that you find while searching this site.