Preston Memorial Hospital, located in beautiful Kingwood, WV, less than 30 miles from Morgantown, WV, is a rural hospital with vision, diversity, stability and a future. At PMH, we have one simple mission: To enhance the health of the communities we serve, one person at a time. Our 300 plus dedicated and caring employees are encouraged to employ their talents and abilities to solve any challenge faced by our patients and the surrounding community.
While many hospitals, especially rural hospitals, are closing because of ever declining reimbursement for the services they provide, Preston Memorial Hospital continues to get stronger by offering new programs, new services, and operating more efficiently. Besides providing excellent healthcare services, Preston Memorial also is a strong contributor to the county's economic status as it is the third largest employer in Preston County.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and follow up and evaluation of patient status. The NP uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making differential diagnoses and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other healthcare providers. The NP may be indirectly responsible for day-to-day operations of offsite ambulatory clinic, including supervision of staff present and administration of health care policies and procedures.
This position will split time between Dr. Ramburg's clinic in Kingwood and the Primary Care Clinic located at the Physician Office Center at Preston Memorial Hospital.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) required; Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred.
- Current Advance Practice Registered Nurse licensure in WV
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification in specialty area
- Prescriptive Authority, as defined by the WV Board of Nursing
- Competence in basic computer skills and proficiency in documenting and looking up clinical information in electronic records
- Knowledge/ operation of office equipment (telephone, fax, copier, etc.)
- Five years of experience in specialty area is strongly preferred
Location: Preston Memorial Hospital · Physician Center - Ramburg
Schedule: Full Time, Days
As a condition of employment and in compliance with federal regulations, Mon Health requires COVID-19 vaccination. You must be fully vaccinated (14 days post the second dose of the series for Moderna or Pfizer or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine) in order to start employment. Additionally, you will not be able to start employment or be on-site at any Mon Health facilities if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, pending COVID-19 testing, or had a COVID-19 exposure within the past 14 days. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com